If you’re experiencing issues with your internet connection, there’s a few steps you can take to try and fix this.
A forced shutdown of your Xbox can solve connectivity issues
- Hold down the Xbox button on the front of your console for 10 seconds, waiting until you hear and see the console shut off. Wait a few seconds more, then press the Xbox button again to power on your console.
Check your region to improve connection performance and speed
- You can check if you’re playing in the right region by going to your settings in game and making sure the server you’ve selected is appropriate to the region you live in.
Restart your router to improve connection
- Turn off your Xbox
- Unplug your Modem and Router from the power source
- Leave your Modem and Router unplugged for at least a minute
- Plug your Modem and Router back into the power source
- Wait until the lights turn back on
- Turn on your Xbox
- Reconnect your device to the Internet/Wi-Fi
Make sure you are playing on a Wired connection
- Whilst you can play Fall Guys on Wi-Fi (wireless internet connection). We strongly recommend playing with an ethernet cable attached directly to your modem or router. A wired connection is more reliable and can eliminate interference.
Disconnect other devices from the network to improve connection performance
- Stopping streams, downloads, and turning off other devices can improve your game connection when trying to play games online
Use Google Public DNS
- This may be a step worth trying if all other connectivity troubleshooting has failed.
A DNS server translates domain names into IP addresses.
Home networks typically are set up with a DNS server that works with your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Using a third-party service, such as Google DNS, may improve search performance, improve your connection and security.
Slow performance or lag when playing Fall Guys could be caused by interruptions to the Xbox service. You can check if there are any issues with the Xbox Online service here.
If you’ve already verified that there are no service alerts or interruptions affecting gameplay, then the issue is most likely your connection speed.
You can follow these handy steps, provided by Xbox, to test your connection speed: Test Connection Speed | Xbox Support.
If you’re continuing to experience errors on your Xbox, please contact Xbox Support: here.