There are multiple stages where a disconnection may occur, these may include:
- Unable to login
- Unable to download or update
- Receiving an error code
- Unable to matchmake or connect to matches
- Unable to join other parties
If you're having trouble with your connection, please try out the methods below:
- Method 1:
Use a wired connection
Direct connections have always been the strongest & stable method. Using wi-fi may lead to occasional disconnection and result in packet loss, connection problems, or higher latency or ping. Connect directly to your modem or router via ethernet cable.
- Method 2:
Temporarily disable your firewalls
Take care when disabling a firewall and make sure to only do so when testing.
Sometimes firewalls can prevent software from fully functioning.
NB: If the connection issue is resolved after disabling your firewall, make sure to manually apply it to the filter.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on Windows Firewall.
- Click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off (You might need to provide the Administrator password at this step)
- Under each Network location, select the Turn off Windows Firewall option
- (Optional) Uninstall any other firewalls.
If this allows you to connect, your Firewall will need to be configured. Please visit the Support site of your Firewall manufacturer if you need assistance.
- Method 3:
Switch Domain Name Systems (DNS)
Adjusting your DNS can improve connectivity and performance. There are two recommended DNS services. Below are the followings links with instructions on how to change your DNS:
If you’ve tried all of the methods above and there has been no improvement. Please include the information below and contact us here.
- Steps you've already performed to troubleshoot your issue
- Game/ Support or Steam ID
- Games Logs
- Supply outcome of Ping Command
- Supply a screenshot of Speedtest
- Device type
- Date & Time when the error occurred
- (Optional) Video